Pigs for Sale
Heritage Red Wattle and Large Black Pigs
Butler Creek Farm raises Registered Red Wattle, Certified Red Wattle and Large Black pigs. Both of these heritage breed hogs excel in an outdoor environment and produce excellent quality, flavorful pork.
Our hogs are raised outdoors and provided with shelter, quality food and clean water. They get to act like pigs, interact with each other (pigs are very social creatures) and interact with us daily if they choose. They are truly happy hogs!
We love to talk about pigs and visitors are welcome to come out and meet the herd (scheduling is required). If you are looking for a feeder pig or breeding stock, we will be happy to help you find the right pig for your needs and goals.
Butcher Pigs -
Scheduled for Processing in April 2022
We have just over a dozen heritage hogs (Red Wattle/Large Black and Large Black crosses) that will be ready for your freezer in April of 2022. These hogs are sold to you and then delivered to a local custom processor to be cut to your specifications. You buy the hog from Butler Creek Farm and pay Drummond Meats for the processing.
If you’re looking for delicious, naturally raised, heritage pork contact us today to reserve your pig.
Whole hogs are $750 + processing to Drummond Meats and we aim for a target weight of 300+ lbs prior to processing. Depending on your cutting instructions this typically should yield between 150 and 200 pounds of premium pork for your freezer.
Have questions? Call or email us. We’d love to chat!
Taking reservations and deposits for 2022 breeding stock and feeder piglets.
Lord willing, we will have nine litters in the spring of 2022 and the first of those piglets should be ready for new farms right around June 1, 2022.
Anticipated 2022 Piglet Availability
We should have the following piglets available in 2022 (please note all available dates are estimated until we have actual piglets on the ground):
- Available June, 2022 – two litters of pure, register-able, Red Wattle piglets farrowing in April
- Available June, 2022 – two litters of Red Wattle/Large Black piglets farrowing in April
- Available July, 2022 – two litters of pure, register-able, Red Wattle piglets farrowing in May
- Available August, 2022 – three litters of Red Wattle/Large Black mixed piglets farrowing in June
- Available December, 2022 – two litters of pure, register-able, Red Wattle piglets farrowing in October
- Available December, 2022 – two litters of Red Wattle/Large Black mixed piglets farrowing in October
2022 Piglet Pricing
Piglets are priced as follows and a non-refundable 50% deposit will hold one or more of them for you. Deposits are non-refundable unless we are not able to provide you with a piglet.
Red Wattle piglets (Certified Red Wattle hogs):
- $350 registered gilt or boar (limited numbers available – will be registered with the Red Wattle Hog Association)
- $250 unregistered boar or gilt
- $150 feeder barrow
Red Wattle/Large Black and mixed piglets:
- $150 unregistered boar or gilt
- $100 feeder barrow
If you’re interested in an intact boar please contact us early so we can reserve one for you.
Please feel free to contact us with ANY questions.
Please contact us for current pricing and availability. Prices are subject to change as the price of feed continues to rise.